External Privacy Statement
For the purposes of this policy, “personal information” means information that is personally identifiable to individuals. “Non-identifiable information” means information that cannot be associated with or traced to an individual.
APRIL Canada collects, uses and discloses Personal Information for the following purposes:
- communicating with individuals about their insurance
- understanding individual insurance needs
- offering and providing insurance and related products and services;
- verifying the identity and the accuracy of personal information with government agencies, industry associations, or other Insurers;
- analyzing, assessing and underwriting risks on a prudent basis;
- investigating and paying insurance claims;
- detecting and preventing fraud or other illegal activities;
- compiling statistics;
- complying with the laws or the requests of law enforcement agencies or regulators.
- conducting, processing and completing transactions with customers of APRIL Canada
We do not sell, rent or trade personal information that we collect and we will not knowingly disclose personal information to any third parties.
We restrict access to non-public personal information about you, which we hold, to those employees and others who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. Their right to further use the non-public personal information about you is limited by our employee code of conduct, applicable law and non-disclosure agreements where appropriate.
We will protect your Personal Information by various physical, technological, and organizational safeguards. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location and storage of the Personal Information.
We will only collect, use, or disclose Personal Information that is necessary for the Identified Purposes, and will retain your Personal Information only as long as necessary to accomplish the identified Purposes or to satisfy our legal or business obligations.
If you do not consent to how your Personal Information will be used by APRIL Canada, then please either inform your insurance broker when asking them for insurance, or advice us directly at the address below. Please note that this may limit our ability to provide you with insurance.
Any complaints or inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to:
3250, Blvd Lapinière, suite 100,
Brossard, Québec J4Z 3T8
Attention: Privacy Officer
If you are not satisfied with APRIL Canada’s response to a privacy related inquiry or complaint, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada during business hours at 1-800-282-1376 or at www.privcom.gc.ca.