APRIL Canada is the leading wholesale broker of niche property and casualty insurance products in Canada. The market segments served in Canada are Construction Contractors, Motor Truck Cargo, Realty, Vacant, Third Party Liability for Manufacturers and Wholesalers, Standard and Specialized Errors and Omissions, Personal and Commercial Automobiles, Freight Transportation, Housing, Pleasure Marine and Commercial Marine. In Canada, the April Group has more than 1,500 insurance broker clients and more than 100 employees.
We are currently seeking for an UNDERWRITING ASSISTANT for our Toronto office. The candidate will support the Underwriters in their day to day tasks. We are looking for someone that would be embedded in our values: building trust, pushing boundaries, innovating and keeping things simple.
Your mission in few words:
- Assist the underwriter with the endorsements, renewals and new business
- Deal with brokers in writing, by telephone or electronic mail
- Issuing policies and billing accounts
- Performs clerical duties
- Maintain positive broker relations
- 0-2 years’ experience as Underwriting Assistant
- Strong organisational skills
- Professional, positive and courteous in all interactions, with customers and co-workers
- Performs well in a busy operation and remains calm under pressure
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of Policy works would be an asset
- Personable and energetic
At APRIL, we live our values every day. Here are those that will make you feel good about working with us
- People are at the heart of everything we do. We trust our employees.
- Team spirit is very important. We help and respect each other. The strengths of one person make up for the weaknesses of the other. When one of us wins, we all win.
- Intrapreneurship is strongly encouraged. Positions are defined by the employees.
- We challenge the way we do things to go further.
- We have an open door policy: managers are always listening and cooperation between teams is encouraged.
Working at APRIL pays off
Recognized as one of the best employers in the insurance industry by Top insurance workplace 2021, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours (35 hours per week) as well as telecommuting opportunities Work/family balance at the heart of the company’s model.
- 3 weeks of vacation from the 1st year as well as 5 floating vacations per year, and a day offered for your birthday!
- New, colorful, open-plan offices
- Business casual dress code
- Competitive benefits program, including group insurance, employee assistance program and telemedicine for employees and their families
- Savings incentive (group RRSP, 2.5% employer participation)
- Profit sharing program for all employees from the first year
- Continuous training offer, possibility of employer-paid training
- Equipment in the office as at home
If you are interested by this opportunity, please send your resume !!! We look forward to speak with you!