APRIL Canada is the leading wholesale broker of niche property and casualty insurance products in Canada. The market segments served in Canada are Construction Contractors, Motor Truck Cargo, Realty, Vacant, Third Party Liability for Manufacturers and Wholesalers, Standard and Specialized Errors and Omissions, Personal and Commercial Automobiles, Freight Transportation, Housing, Pleasure Marine and Commercial Marine. In Canada, the April Group has more than 1,500 insurance broker clients and more than 100 employees.
We are currently seeking for an UNDERWRITING ASSISTANT for our Toronto office. The candidate will support the Underwriters in their day to day tasks. We are looking for someone that would be embedded in our values: building trust, pushing boundaries, innovating and keeping things simple. You can have the opportunity to becoming an Underwriter.
Your mission in few words
- Assist the underwriter with the endorsements, renewals and new business
- Deal with brokers in writing, by telephone or electronic mail
- Issuing policies and billing accounts
- Performs clerical duties
- Maintain positive broker relations
Qualifications & personality we are looking for
- 0-2 years’ experience as Underwriting Assistant
- Strong organisational skills
- Professional, positive and courteous in all interactions, with customers and co-workers
- Performs well in a busy operation and remains calm under pressure
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of Policy works would be an asset
- Personable and energetic
The ideal candidate for this position is known for
- Team spirit and willingness to help others
- Quick to learn and curious
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Professionalism and courtesy in all interactions
- Ability to manage stress, to organize and to set priorities
Working at APRIL, it is “rewarding”!
Recognized as one of the best employers in the insurance industry by Top insurance workplace 2021, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits:
- Competitive salary
- New, colorful and open-plan offices
- “Business casual” clothing style
- Competitive benefits program, including group insurance, employee assistance program and telemedicine for employees and their families
- Savings incentive bonus (Group RRSP, 2.5% employer contribution)
- Incentives (profit-sharing program) for all employees starting in the first year of employment
- Offer of continuing education, possibility of training paid by the employer
- Flexible schedule and teleworking possible.
- Office and home equipment
If you are interested by this opportunity, please send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to speak with you!