Specialized in niche insurance and requiring a high level of “expert” knowledge, APRIL Canada offers a wide range of tailor-made insurance coverage for individuals and professionals. As a “master broker”, we respond exclusively to brokers’ needs. We offer flexible, competitive products that are adapted to our insured persons’ needs. APRIL residential is mainly specialized in non-standard and unusual risks. We also offer insurance for High-Valued homes.
We are currently looking for an underwriting assistant for our automobile department. The candidate will help underwriters in their daily tasks. We look for someone who embodies our values: Trust, Daring, Innovation and Simplicity.
This position is based in Brossard, Quebec.
- Follow up on missing information regarding our brokers or the insured.
- Process the flow of documents and file them within our electronic documents
- Assist underwriters with amendments, renewals and new businesses
- Interact with brokers on the phone or by mail
- Maintain positive working relationships with our brokers
- Bilingualism French/English: excellent oral and written communication in both
- ACS in damage insurance; or any other background or relevant professional experience
- Knowledge of damage insurance for private individuals would be an asset
- Comfortable with computerized tools, including the Microsoft Office suite
- Quick learner et curious
- Efficient, with strong organizational skills
- Rigorous, with good attention to detail
- Professional & courteous in any interactions with brokers and colleagues
- Autonomous, energetic and lively
- Effective in a rapid pace environment, and good manager of stress
- A team player who is able to adapt to an environment that is constantly evolving
- Keen to progress within the company and the insurance industry