We are currently seeking an Underwriter Assistant for our Residential department. The candidate will support the Underwriters in their day to day tasks and will be trained to become Underwriter. We are looking for someone that would be embedded in our values: building trust, pushing boundaries, innovating and keeping things simple.
Your working environment:
The position is located in our brand new head office in Brossard. Our office is modern, bright, and pleasant. IGA and Familiprix are just a few footsteps away, there’s a very easy access to the 10 motorway. You’ll be working in a paper-free environment and on our IT system, specifically developed for our needs. Working from home is possible once you’ll be autonomous on your job.
You’ll be part on a very welcoming team of a dozen colleagues. We’re a happy mix of experienced underwriters who are always willing to share their expertise; and young talents who are eager to learn more. We have daily quick meetings and monthly lunches altogether. Communication, team spirit and mutual assistance are part of our DNA. Managers are dynamic and want to challenge the status quo so your ideas will be listened!
At APRIL, you make your own path! To give you an example: one of our team leaders was initially hired as a temp to scan files. We have a lot of various classes of risks within our company, opening the door for you to multiple possibilities. You can be part of exciting side-projects like brainstorms and workshops to cultivate your various skills.
• Do follow-ups to our brokers in order to complete the client’s file.
• Issue renewals and new business for all provinces.
• Process electronic paperwork
• Perform clerical duties
• Assist the underwriter with the endorsements, renewals and new business
• Deal with brokers in writing, by telephone or electronic mail.
• Maintain positive broker relations.
• Be trained to be a Junior Underwriter
• Bilingual English-French: Strong written and verbal communication skills in both languages.
• Damage insurance AEC or any relevant training or work experience
• CIP or Broker designation, or working towards is considered as an asset
• Eagerness to become an Underwriter.
• Knowledge of Personal Lines insurance would be an asset.
• Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Fast learner and very curious
• Strong organisational skills and efficient.
• Client-oriented and performance-oriented.
• Very rigorous and detail-oriented.
• Professional & courteous in all interactions, with customers and co-workers.
• Autonomous, dynamic and enthusiastic.
• Perform well in a busy operation and remains calm under pressure.
• Team player adaptable to a changing environment.