APRIL is an international group employing 3,800 people; celebrating its 30th anniversary this year. Specialized in niches of expert know-how insurance, APRIL develops and offers a wide range of tailor-made products for personal and commercial lines.
APRIL Canada is an MGA catering exclusively to insurance Brokers. We have offices in Brossard, Laval, Toronto and Calgary.
APRIL Residential is offering solutions for Hard-to-place risks. This spring, we’ll launch a very innovative and unprecedented product. So join us for this exciting experience!
We are currently seeking an Underwriter for our Residential department. You will have an ambitious objective to develop the book of business in all provinces western from QC.
• Assess, accept or decline, underwrite and price risks, respecting our insurer’s authority.
• Do follow up on your quotes to improve your bind rate.
• Negotiate terms and conditions of risk acceptance with brokers.
• Develop and maintain strong & long-lasting broker relations.
• Provide technical support to brokers.
• Gather some feedback about our competitiveness and market opportunities.
• Bilingual English-French: Strong written and verbal communication skills in both languages.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in damage insurance industry
• Knowledge of Personal Lines insurance would be an asset
• CIP or RIBO designation, or working towards is considered an asset
• Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Very adaptable to a highly changing environment.
• Fast learner and very curious with a strong problem solving approach
• Strong Prospecting, Presenting, and Closing Skills
• Up for great challenges, like starting from scratch.
• Great listening & negotiation skills
• Client-oriented and performance-oriented.
• Well-organised, efficient, multi-tasking and stress management
• Professional, positive and courteous in all interactions, with customers and co-workers.
• Great autonomy, dynamic, passionate
• Be embedded in our values: building trust, pushing boundaries, innovating and keeping things simple.
Your working environment:
The position is located in our brand new head office in Brossard. Our office is modern, bright, and pleasant. IGA and Pharmaprix are just a few footsteps away, there’s a very easy access to the 10 motorway. You’ll be working in a paper-free environment and on our IT system, specifically developed for our needs.
You’ll be part on a very welcoming team of a dozen colleagues. We’re a happy mix of experienced underwriters who are always willing to share their expertise; and young talents who are eager to learn more. We have daily quick meetings and monthly lunches altogether. Communication, team spirit and mutual assistance are part of our DNA. Managers are dynamic and want to challenge the status quo so your ideas will be listened!
At APRIL, you make your own path! To give you an example: one of our team leaders was initially hired as a temp to scan files. We have a lot of various classes of risks within our company, opening the door for you to multiple possibilities. You can be part of exciting side-projects like brainstorms and workshops to cultivate your various skills.