MGA / Wholesale Broker of the Year in 2020, APRIL Canada specializes in developing and offering a wide range of insurance niche property and casualty insurance products where we meet the demands of 4,000 brokers by being competitive and flexible to the needs of the insured.
The market segments served in Canada are Construction Contractors, Cyber, Motor Truck Cargo, Realty, Vacant, Third Party Liability for Manufacturers and Wholesalers, Standard and Specialized Errors and Omissions, Personal and Commercial Automobiles, Freight Transportation, Student Housing, Pleasure Marine and Commercial Marine.
As part of the Global APRIL Group, which employs 4,000 people worldwide, APRIL Canada currently employs 100 people in 3 offices (Toronto, Laval and Brossard).
We are currently seeking for a Motor Truck Cargo Underwriter for our Toronto office. The candidate will have to analyze the requests of the brokers to offer insurance solutions for their clients. We are looking for someone that would be embedded in our values: building trust, pushing boundaries, innovating and keeping things simple.
Your mission in few words:
- Assessing and underwriting new business submissions
- Negotiating policy endorsements and renewals
- Developing and maintaining positive broker relations
- Providing technical support to brokers
- 3-5 years’ experience in commercial lines underwriting of Motor Truck Cargo business
- Excellent awareness and understanding of the marketplace
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Negotiation skills (with brokers)
- Knowledge of Lloyd’s
At APRIL, our values are lived out on a daily basis. Here are the ones that will make you feel at home with us:
- We trust our employees.
- Team spirit is very important. We help and respect each other. When one of us wins, we all win.
- Intrapreneurship is strongly encouraged.
- We question ways of doing things to go further.
- We have an open-door policy: managers are always listening and cooperation between teams is encouraged.
- Work/family balance at the heart of the business model
Working at APRIL, it’s “rewarding”!
Recognized as one of the best employers in the insurance industry by Top insurance workplace 2021, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits:
- Competitive salary
- New, colorful and open-plan offices
- “Business casual” clothing style
- Competitive benefits program, including group insurance, employee assistance program and telemedicine for employees and their families
- Savings incentive bonus (Group RRSP, 2.5% employer contribution)
- Incentives (profit-sharing program) for all employees starting in the first year of employment
- Offer of continuing education, the possibility of training paid by the employer
- Flexible schedule and teleworking possible.
- Office and home equipment
- Free parking and bus terminal near the office
If you are interested in the APRIL adventure, do not hesitate to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org