APRIL Canada is a specialist insurance Managing General Agent. We offer a wide range of flexible, tailor-made insurance coverages through our broker partners. APRIL Canada works with approx 4000 insurance brokers across Canada. We have 120 employees split into 4 offices (Calgary, Toronto, Laval and Brossard). The Canadian head office is in Brossard.
The marketing department at APRIL Canada is a central pillar for the company. Working across the different operational and regional teams, we are responsible for the delivery of consistent, cutting-edge branded communication across Canada to deliver our key company messages. APRIL`s company mission is to develop projects that will make brokers` lives easier. Our responsibility is to ensure that our partners are aware of these initiatives. We develop strong branded, regional and product campaigns that maximize our interaction with our broker partners. However, we don`t simply communicate out to brokers, we encourage two-way communication, to understand their needs and wishes as much as possible. Our communication is constantly evolving; resulting in an innovative style. To enable this evolution, measurement and analysis of our success is critical.
The Marketing advisor reports to the Marketing Strategy Director, and supports on the development of all marketing activities including: email marketing, social media, database management, website development, creative development (including print) and event management. The position is constantly evolving and there may be other related dutires at the supervisor`s request.
The successful individual will also need to adhere to our company’s values: Trust, Daring, Innovation & Simplicity.
This position is based in Brossard.
- Email Marketing – Design, send and optimize our monthly newsletter and product e-marketing campaigns.
- Database – Make sure our database and subscribers lists are up to date and regularly add new contacts, following events etc. Manage consent to ensure we are always within anti-spam legislation.
- Adwords – Co-ordinate with team leaders and the Marketing Director to create adwords campaigns.
- Panel – Once or twice a month, send a question to our Broker Feedback Panel.
- Social Media –Curate content and post APRIL’s content on social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), to improve company visibility within those channels.
- Contests – As required for initiatives- create online contests and competitions.
- Agency coordination – Liaise with our web agency for maintenance and development.
- Publication – Using WordPress, post new content, such as new product pages, feature sheets, or articles.
- SEO – Optimize our use of keywords on the website to improve our Google ranking.
- Print – Create and/or update product feature sheets, brochures and external media print ads.
- Web – Design web banners, email images, social media posts… Images can be animated using a GIF maker.
- Coordination – Liaise with Directors and team leaders to gain sign off for creative work.
- Agency liaison– Act as a liaison with external providers and agencies where necessary for creative development.
EVENT MANAGEMENT AND MERCHANDISING
- Events – Liaise with Directors and team leaders prior to conferences and various public relations events, to check on their feature sheets and merchandising needs.
- Orders – Find, customize and order promotional items for conventions and broker meetings. Act as a liaison with external providers where necessary.
ANALYTICS AND STRATEGY
- Reporting- Extract our campaign and website results to our Excel Marketing plan and evaluate against pre-agreed objectives.
- Monitoring- Carry out a regular technology watch of our corporate image, coupled with analysis from market research initiatives.
- Bachelor degree in marketing or in a related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Fully bilingual English and French (written and oral) *MANDATORY*
- Excellent knowledge of web marketing (eblast) and social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
- Experience in web analytics (Google Analytics)
- Experience in database maintenance
- Knowledge of HTML and design platforms.
- Knowledge of WordPress and basic website maintenance
- Proficiency in the Microsoft office suite (specifically Excel and Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of the insurance industry (an asset)
- Be creative
- Excellent Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Tech savvy
- Autonomous and energetic within a multi-tasking environment
- Client service oriented
- Be productive in a dynamic, fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal abilities. Being able to work with a diverse type of people internally and externally.
- Accuracy and detail oriented.