As a key part of the companies` innovation projects, the functional analyst will create the bridge between the operational users (team leaders, subscribers, technical assistants…), and the IT development and programming team. APRIL`s company mission is to develop projects that will make brokers` lives easier both from a user experience (Front End Solutions) and platform development (Back end solutions) point of view. The individual will also need to adhere to our company’s values: Trust, Daring, Innovation & Simplicity.
This position is based in Brossard.
- Participate in the scheduling, management and follow up of project meetings.
- Analyze internal business processes, interface user needs and transaction flows and draft functional and technical specifications linked to the development of the new (“Back-End”) platforms.
- Coordinate with the programming team and validate projects with the “project” steering committee.
- Work with operations managers to optimize insurance underwriting parameters and user experiences (“UX “), and draft pricing and operating specifications for projects oriented towards brokers’ online solutions (“Front-End solutions“). Draft detailed technical specifications and coordinate with the programming team.
- Design, set up and organize computer based tests (integration testing, functional testing, acceptance testing) and post-implementation management (debug, new release).
- Draft user manuals and all the internal documentation and operator training in order to help operational teams.
- Support users and managers for Front-End and Back-End developed solutions: answer requests and resolve identified malfunctions and problems.
- Make back ups for the technical tools used in management platforms (e.g. pricing tools) – in particular excel files including complex formulas or underwriting interfaces.
- Experience as business process analyst and/or functional analyst
- Experience in IT solutions aimed at improving user experience (UX/UI)
- Initial experience in programming as a result of developed technologies (ideal)
- Bilingualism French/English is essential (oral and written)
- Good writing and organizational skills
- Office Suite (notably word and excel): Expert level
- Synthesizing, presenting and popularizing data, concepts and process skills
- Active listening and interpretation skills essential
- Ability to adapt language depending on on the interlocutor (underwriter, programmer, subscriber, …)
- Autonomy is important
- Ability to work on several projects at once, excellent organizational skills
- Great rigor, attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility in the management of frequent and unplanned changes