APRIL Marine has specialized in pleasure craft insurance for more than 40 years with offices in Canada, France and the Caribbean. Our goal is to make life easier for our brokers and clients. We stand out thanks to our dynamic team, our tailor made products and services, technology, as well as our ability to always be innovative. We are the number one pleasure craft MGA in Quebec and are currently looking to expand our presence in Ontario.
In order to achieve this goal, we are currently seeking a business development representative for our Ontario region, this individual will report directly to the Managing Director of APRIL Marine Canada.
The candidate will represent our company’s products and services to our existing brokerage network, but will mainly be responsible for establishing new business relationships.
- Establish new business relationships to increase market share, by identifying opportunities based on research conducted and information obtained
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with brokers by means of visiting their office on a regular basis.
- Provide weekly reports to the Managing Director on market trends, as well as individual brokerage needs and initiatives.
- Liaison between the underwriters and individual brokers to assist in placing coverage for desired risks.
- Attend industry related events and trade shows
- Perform presentations and training to individuals as well as large groups.
- 1-3 year of experience in sales or marketing role
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Knowledge of the insurance industry and/or pleasure craft insurance is an asset
- Team Player with strong work ethics with the demonstrated ability to be flexible
- Strong sales and decision-making skills
- Robust communication and customer service skills
- Must be results-oriented, and take initiative
- Planning and organization skills