In a service industry, technology plays an absolutely vital role in keeping an organization moving each day, and more importantly, in delivering sustainable competitive advantage in today’s marketplace. APRIL Canada are recruiting in the Senior Executive position of Director of IT & Services, who will lead the strategic direction of all APRIL platforms, infrastructure and our highly skilled teams to create a compelling advantage in the market.
APRIL is an organization founded on innovation and the quality of our technology solutions is absolutely critical to deliver efficiency, speed, transparency and quality to our partners. The successful applicant will play a leading role in ensuring a continuation of this legacy and working as part of a strong leadership team to make great things happen.
- Ensuring that APRIL network and IT infrastructure operates securely, effectively and optimally on a daily basis – supporting the needs of the organization towards increased virtualization
- Owner of APRIL Business Continuity process, with robust plans in place across all operational areas to recover seamlessly in the case of event or major outage
- Putting measurement systems into place to determine effectiveness of existing and new technology solutions
- Development and review of platform strategy, ensuring that all APRIL platforms are optimal for the long-term
- Ownership and ongoing development of all APRIL platforms to ensure they support business goals and our vision towards our clients
- Development of strategies to continually improve efficiency of service and reduce cost across the organization, e.g. reducing all forms of paper, license costs etc.
- Supporting APRIL’s continuous drive towards analytics and data driven decisions through creation of real-time data and analytics engine
- Lead and manage a team; directing day to day activities whilst fostering a culture of trust, openness and engagement. Ensuring that team members have the necessary skills and capabilities to undertake their roles to their maximum potential
- Identifying key business risks and ensuring that mitigating plans in place, and that issues are identified and managed with escalation where relevant
- As a member of the Leadership Team, the successful candidate will also be required to engage with the ‘voice of the Broker’ – meeting our key partners to support the communication of our goals and understand how we can better support them
- Minimum 10 Years experience in a leadership role in a technology field
- Proven experience in strategic development of technology solutions and in delivering platforms on time and on budget
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Knowledge of Citrix, IP phone technology, ASP.net Visual Basic
- Bilingual English and French would be a strong advantage
- Outstanding communication abilities
- Client driven approach