APRIL Canada is the first broker for niches on the damage insurance market in Canada with 100M$ of written premiums. The market segments that are served are the transport insurance, marine insurance (pleasure crafts) and residential insurance. APRIL also offers out of box solutions for hard to place risks, special risks in the commercial property sector and civil liability. APRIL Canada has approximately 4000 insurance brokers.
APRIL Canada currently has 120 employees split into 4 agencies (Calgary, Toronto, Laval and Brossard). The Canadian head office is located in Brossard.
APRIL is looking for a Csharp Programmer with a strong technical experience to join the IT development team on an ongoing basis. Old software applications from vb6 and vb.net should be reviewed with current technologies.
- Examining the business needs, along with the order intakes and sales’ processes
- Making a technical analysis of the product’s needs and the insurance quotation’s process
- Producing documentation about detailed technical conception
- Drafting specific, modular and robust codes to execute the desired requirements
- Contributing to improve the quality and ease of use with your own ideas
- Validating the brought constraints by the process-driven software with the IT development team and making sure everything is grafting properly
- College Technical Diploma or University Programming in computerized sciences/software engineering/etc.
- Extensive knowledge (4 years minimum) of Csharp
- Languages and programming technologies: ASP.Net, C#. Visual Studio MS SQL Server
- Expertise in high-traffic applications’ development
- Experience with the *GIT* management system’s source code
- Competence on running tests and efficiency in problem solving
- Attention to details
- Autonomous and able to work under pressure and generate several tasks at once
- Capability to work in close partnership with other IT development teams
- Excellent oral and written skills in French and/or English (both is preferred)
Working conditions are the following:
- Better benefit programs including group insurance
- Floating holiday
- 3 weeks of holidays
- Pensions-savings (collective REER, 2.5% employers’ participation)
- Free parking
- Focused on continuous training for employees’ development