We are currently seeking an Commercial Underwriter. The candidate will have to analyse the request of the brokers to offer insurance solutions for their clients. We are looking for someone that would be embedded in our values: building trust, pushing boundaries, innovating and keeping things simple.
- Assessing, accepting, and declining new business submissions
- Negotiating renewals & policy endorsements.
- Developing and maintaining positive broker relations.
- Providing technical support to brokers.
- 2-5 Years Commercial Property & Casualty underwriting experience.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent awareness and understanding of the marketplace
- A high standard of service in handling broker queries
- Knowledge of hard to place risk
- CIP or working towards completing CIP courses
- Good solid broker relationships
- Knowledge of Llyod’s. Binding authority, open market and have a reputation with the Lloyds syndicate
- Knowledge of Policy works, SigXP and ComXP would be an asset.
- Performs well in a busy and dynamic operation
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment.
- Strong skills in client service and being able to listen to the client needs.
- Negotiation skills (with Brokers)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organizational skills and being able to manage priorities
- Strong analytical skills and professional judgement