MGA / Wholesale Broker of the Year in 2020, APRIL Canada specializes in developing and offering a wide range of insurance niche property and casualty insurance products where we meet the demands of 4,000 brokers by being competitive and flexible to the needs of the insured.
The market segments served in Canada are Construction Contractors, Cyber, Motor Truck Cargo, Realty, Vacant, Third Party Liability for Manufacturers and Wholesalers, Standard and Specialized Errors and Omissions, Personal and Commercial Automobiles, Freight Transportation, Student Housing, Pleasure Marine and Commercial Marine.
As part of the Global APRIL Group, which employs 4,000 people worldwide, APRIL Canada currently employs 100 people in 3 offices (Toronto, Laval and Brossard).
We are currently seeking for a Commercial Lines Underwriter for our Toronto office.
We are looking for dynamic, motivated people who are curious to learn and who like to question things, to join the big APRIL family and change the image of insurance together!
Analyze the applications received from our brokers and provide quotes with the best possible coverage for the risk.
- Underwriting new business, respecting the insurer’s delegation of authority
- Analyze the quotes received and rate them
- Prepare renewal offers and endorsements
- Communicate with brokers (telephone and email) to ensure fast, courteous and professional service
- Contact brokers to establish new business streams and/or solidify existing contacts
- 3 years of relevant experience in insurance
- Knowledge of Realty, CGL, E&O, Cyber, MFanufacturing, Property or Transportation underwriting
- Great ease with Outlook, Word and Excel tools
- Excellent oral and written communication
At APRIL, our values are lived out on a daily basis.
- We trust our employees.
- Team spirit is very important. We help and respect each other. When one of us wins, we all win.
- Intrapreneurship is strongly encouraged.
- We question ways of doing things to go further.
- We have an open-door policy: managers are always listening and cooperation between teams is encouraged.
- Work/family balance at the heart of the business model
Working at APRIL, it’s “rewarding”!
- Competitive salary New, colorful and open-plan offices
- “Business casual” clothing style
- Competitive benefits program, including group insurance, employee assistance program and telemedicine for employees and their families
- Savings incentive bonus (Group RRSP, 2.5% employer contribution)
- Incentives (profit-sharing program) for all employees starting in the first year of employment
- Offer of continuing education, the possibility of training paid by the employer
- Flexible schedule and teleworking possible.
- Office and home equipment
- Free parking and bus terminal near the office
If you are interested in the APRIL adventure, do not hesitate to apply to email@example.com