Although Airbnb © and more generally short term rentals have recently become popular among property owners, few people measure the actual risks involved. In order to ensure proper coverage, each risk must be individually assessed on its own merits and exposures. APRIL Canada can help with its new tailor-made short term rentals insurance. Product available in Ontario, Alberta, British-Columbia and Québec.
- Property owners who rent out part or all of their home
- Airbnb © and HomeAway hosts qualify, as well as home exchange
- 100% short-term rental occupancy
- Stand alone rental
- Condo and secondary or seasonal homes are eligible too
- Subletting is not eligible
- Water & Sewer back up options may be available
- Rental value included, up to 10% of the property value
- Vandalism & theft during rental period available at an additional cost*
- Liability extension for watercrafts made available for guests
- The Appliance Warranty, available as an add-on on any Residential APRIL policy
-3-appliance plan for $134. -5-appliance plan for $189. -If the appliance is not repairable, the landlord can buy a new one from a very extensive catalog at discounted price.
*Subject to conditions
Underwriting Considerations – AirBnB & Short Term Rentals
- Flexible terms to reflect dwelling use (i.e. on a mixed use dwelling the deductible is only increased when rented)
- Maximum coverage amounts:
- $750,000 for a building located in a protected area
- $525,000 for a building located in a semi-protected area
- $425,000 for a building located in a non-protected area
- For a quick answer please provide both CSIO and Airbnb-Short term rental forms
Airbnb ©- Short term rental Download Application
DownloadFeature SheetDownload Sheet
APRIL Insurance for Short Term Rentals
Alfa Insurance Brokers
Can always count on you guys for quick quotes!! Thank you!
Cambrian Insurance Brokers Ltd
5 stars for APRIL!
Lakeview Insurance Brokers
APRIL simply is insurance made easy.