Canadian manufacturers, distributors and wholesalers have experienced consistent growth driven by a strong domestic economy. In addition, retailers, both large and small, are starting to require that all manufacturers and/or distributors carry their own property and liability insurance in order to have their product on the retailers’ shelves.
One of the challenges, and also prominent characteristics of the Canadian manufacturing industry is its relationship with the U.S. as a key trading partner. This leads to a requirement of coverage for U.S. product exposures and physical locations, such as U.S. based sales and support offices.
Whatever your situation is, APRIL can offer you tailor-made solutions to meet your needs.
- Manufacturer of automotive components (including “safety-critical”)
- Manufacturer of precision engineerednon-automotive components
- Manufacturer of electronics/hardware components
3 Types of Coverage Features
- First Party (Insured) only costs of physically recalling products because their use or continued use could cause third party bodily injury and/or property damage.
- Legal costs, fees and expenses incurred in the investigation, defense or settlement of any valid claim.
- First Party (Insured) and Third Party costs of recalling and replacing products because their use or continued use could cause bodily injury and/or property damage and/or product failure.
- First Party (Insured) costs of reworking and/or replacing products that have failed to perform their intended function after handover.
- First and Third Party costs of recalling and replacing products because their use or continued use could cause bodily injury and/or property damage and/or product failure.
- Financial losses suffered by a Third Party as a result of a product supplied failing to perform its intended function and for which the Insured is legally liable.
- Limits available up to $10,000,000
- Minimum premium: $7,500
- Minimum deductible: $10,000
- Backed by Lloyd’s of London
Product Recall Application form Download Application
Product Recall Indication form
DownloadFeature SheetDownload Sheet
APRIL-Canada Product Recall
APRIL has assisted me on numerous occasions with very challenging and tough to place risks and the results have been fantastic. Terrific turnaround time on quotes from their underwriters and a willingness to listen to the whole story and help find solutions really exemplifies what APRIL is all about.
APRIL stands out from other MGA`s due to the simplicity of their web service and their quick responses
APRIL is an MGA which listens to its brokers.