Property in motion is just as vulnerable to loss as fixed property, often even more so, but a standard property policy will typically exclude or limit coverage while in transit. In addition to the standard exposures such as water and fire; the risk of theft, temperature change and collision are increased when property is being transported. If your client is responsible for the goods they are transporting, whether by land or sea, April Canada can help you with Motor Truck Cargo insurance.
- Short to medium haul carriers (within or between provinces)
- General freight
- Excluding cement, petrochemical or explosives
- Broad Form coverage
- Included sublimits, with options to buy up:
- Debris removal $10,000
- Unattended truck $100,000
- Coverage options:
- Reefer/Refrigeration Breakdown
- Trailer Interchange
- Target Inclusion
- Riggers Endorsement
- Also available
- Contingent Cargo
Underwriting Considerations – Motor Truck Cargo
- Limits up to $500,000
- $750 minimum premium
- Rates and deductibles vary by commodity type
- Credits available for >3 units or short haul carriers (<80km)
- Supporting CGL available
Motor Truck Cargo Application
DownloadFeature SheetDownload Sheet
APRIL Motor Truck Cargo Liability
Alfa Insurance Brokers
Can always count on you guys for quick quotes!! Thank you!
Cambrian Insurance Brokers Ltd
5 stars for APRIL!
Lakeview Insurance Brokers
APRIL simply is insurance made easy.